Minutes ago, I was attempting to bake a chicken breast in the oven for lunch. Being the lazy dishwasher that I am, I thought I would cheat by lining my baking pan with wax paper – it says right on the box that it should work for “easy” clean up! Well…no. Seconds after I popped my healthy lunch into the oven, my smoke alarm starts obnoxiously sounding throughout the kitchen. Oops. Maybe I need to re-read what the heck wax paper is supposed to be used for because clearly it can’t sustain itself in the oven. The smell of nasty chemical compositions aerated through the house. I needed help. Which brings me to the first item I am in love with at the present moment!
Lemon Verbena Soy Candles
1. On a recent Target escapade, a good friend raved about these candles. They burn clean and the scent in incredible. I can’t tell you how fast my kitchen stopped smelling like burnt nastiness and started smelling clean, fresh and invigorating! The best part is they don’t cost an arm and a leg – I believe I got away with this one for around $10.
Kindle + Third Book of the Hunger Games Series = Epic
2. Now, I realize I am late in the game here. I’ve been hearing about the Hunger Games for a while, but I couldn’t get myself to read it. I guess I had expected something along the lines of Twilight, which I couldn’t get into. Plus the whole premise of the book was not anything I ever would have thought to pick up in the past. BUT! I couldn’t have been more wrong! I savored the first book. The characters are so well developed, the plot moves along fast and is well thought out, the action is exciting and leaves you on the edge of your comfiest chair. I’m currently midway through the third book, Mockingjay, and it hasn’t disappointed so far. Even better? I get to read it on my Kindle. I can’t tell you how much I love toting that to the gym. I can’t read and run at the same time, but when I ride the bike or the elliptical I can get my fill of reading. Plus you don’t have to fumble trying to turn the page while in motion, something I always had trouble with.
Saucony Kinvara 2
3. One thing I can’t get over is how much I adore these shoes. I was in dire need of a new pair to run in and I’m not a big fan of too much cushion. I wanted something lightweight and supportive, but I had no idea what I was looking for. Before I just ran in my old, old tennies (yucky and smelly), so this was to be my first real pair of running shoes. After visiting our local shoe store, my eyes immediately sought out this fiesty model on display. I oogled and awed for about 10 minues, going to look at other shoes and finding my way back to these show stoppers. After trying them on and giving them a brief test drive around the store, I was convinced (perhaps too easily, but my heart knew what it wanted). I have never once regretted that decision! These shoes are perfect. Everything I was looking for and more. When I was running 6 miles over the summer, my feet never hurt or had blisters. My high arches never ached. Wonderful.
If you want more professional reviews for this shoe – click here.
Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's
4. Tis’ the season for all sorts of yumminess…egg nog, hot cocoa, homemade pies and all those sorts of things. Obviously my waistline doesn’t appreciate these in the same way I do, but I am not one to cut myself off from having a little something sweet every now and then. At my recent trip to Trader Joe’s, I was intrigued by the idea of candy cane oreo-like cookies. The whole concept sounded pretty amazing. What closed the deal was a man who ran up and grabbed three boxes right in front of me, while going on and on about how he can’t get enough of them during the holidays. Good enough for me! I bought two boxes. Lo and behold – they’re fantastic. Creamy peppermint filling with bits of candy cane sprinkled in for good measure and then pressed between two chocolatey wafers. The result is perfection, especially with a cup of hot cocoa.
A Man and His Dog
5. Finally, I had to squeeze in my husband and our dog. They’ve been cracking me up lately. I catch them snuggling on the couch all too often. This picture says a thousand words. Apparently I have competition!❤
What are some things you love right now?