Today brings a rather unconventional post because I was tagged by Jamie @ My Run is Not Done to complete this 11 Random Things Questionnaire! You may have already seen circulating the blogging world. If not, here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Now that you know what the heck I’m doing here, on to the fun!
1) I have a scar on my right leg from dirt biking in high school. I was attempting to show off my skills, only to find that I had none!
2) My husband and I met while he was in the Army stationed in Afghanistan. I sent him a care package, he wrote back thanking me, and when he finally was able to come home we met for the first time. We’ve been together ever since.
3) We actually won our wedding in a competition for Wisconsin veterans with a great love story.
4) I played basketball for two years in middle school and never made a basket during a game. I did call a time out to tie my shoe! Apparently, I thought I was too essential of a player for me to miss any of the action!
5) I lived on an island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a summer.
6) They call me the “car killer” because I always am driving whenever our cars break down.
7) I won $500 off a scratch-off ticket purchased at a random rest stop, while on vacation. I didn’t even know I won, and almost threw it out!
8) I’ve been rock climbing, white water rafting, and sea kayaking.
9) I’ve never traveled outside the United States.
10) My biggest fears about moving to NYC are bed bugs and cockroaches. Yuck!
11) I am a total old lady when it comes to going out — I’d rather be a homebody and stay home relaxing.
So that’s my little bits of random! Now I’ll answer the questions Jamie posted…
1. What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance?
I would have to say my coffee maker! I need my coffee in the morning…
2. What fitness activity have you always wanted to try?
I’ve been wanting to give Bikram Yoga a whirl for a long time. I don’t think they even offer classes anywhere within a 50 mile radius. I live in the middle of nowhere… Boo!
3. Where did you take your best or worst vacation?
I have a tie for best vacation. It’s either Ocracoke Island on the Outer Banks or my honeymoon in Disney World. I was with my hubby for both of them, and I think those were some of the happiest times for both of us, and we left with amazing memories and nice tans.
4. What’s your favorite season?
Summer is my top favorite followed closely by spring. I love warm weather, but I also love that first day of the year when you walk outside after a long winter and you know spring is on it’s way!
5. Tap water or filtered water?
Filtered. I will drink tap, but we don’t have the best tasting tap water. I bought one of those filtered water bottles so I don’t buy bottled any more.
6. You have no distractions or obligations, how would you like to spend your day?
I would want to go hiking/camping in Devils Lake with my husband and our dog. I love being outdoors and active, and involving the whole family just makes it that much better. It’s nice to be able to turn off technology, and just enjoy the solitude.
7. How many bones in your body have you broken?
None! Considering I’m prone to being a klutz, I don’t know how I managed to avoid serious injuries.
8. Who is your fitness inspiration?
I never thought about this before! I don’t know if I really have one! I see people that are in shape or running great distances, and I admire them. At the same time, I don’t really follow their training or try to emulate them.
9. Do you have a sweet tooth or a salty tooth?
Kind of both, but usually a sweet tooth! I love ice cream, pie, cake, cookies, brownies…you get the idea! If I’m watching sports, I tend to crave an unhealthy portion of nachos.
10. What’s your favorite shoe style?
When it comes to sneakers, I love bright colors! If I’m wearing dress shoes, I try to pick out a sexy pair of pumps. I’m already tall, but I’m not giving up my heels.
11. What are you most looking forward to doing when the weather warms up?
Running without having my face freeze over! And not having to worry about driving in snow. I have a tendency to wind up in ditches.
Onto the last part of this whole shebang!
I’m tagging these blogs to continue on the 11 Random Things. I chose people from among my followers, so hopefully you’ll be happy to do this little activity! If you’ve already done one, I apologize! I guess just let me know, and I can tag someone else.
Forever is Composed of Nows, The GSB, endurancegal, On these feet, Lavendar Parking, Running in Mommyland, Run with Chips , bearrunner, runner on the right, domestic diva, speedy cupcake.
My questions for you all:
1. Do you prefer to listen to music, or no music, while running or working out?
2. Where do you find the most support in your life?
3. Would you rather read the book, or watch the movie?
4. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?
5. What is your favorite meal to prepare?
6. How many states and/or countries have you visited in your lifetime?
7. Ever travel a great distance for a race?
8. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
9. If your life was a title of a song, what would it be called?
10. What is your greatest temptation (food or otherwise) that might cause you to be less healthy?
11. What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
Have fun with this! I can’t wait to see what you answer!