For the last two years, I’ve been making these delectable pecans for all our family get-togethers. Any time I serve them at parties, I’m immediately bombarded with requests for the recipe. I have actually caught my aunts and uncles scraping the baking pan in hopes of devouring any remaining morsels. If you’re planning any kind of holiday party, you’re going to want to serve these.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white, water and vanilla extract (if desired) until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
This recipe is phenomenal. I’m able to whip them together in minutes, and then it’s just a matter of baking time. I’ve made these a day or so in advance and they taste amazing, but I especially love them hot and fresh out of the oven. I’m thinking next year I will give these as hostess gifts to those who invite us to their parties.
I hope you all Enjoy!
- Red Raspberry Thumbprints (wncx.radio.com)
- Louisiana Pecan Balls (awakeninspiration.wordpress.com)
- Secrets to Southern Sweetness (foxnews.com)
- Cool Down Holiday Carb Loading; Warm Up Your Snacking (morethanoregano.com)